Sautéed Chanterelle Mushrooms
· Clean mushroom of any dirt with a brush; slice in half.
· In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil and mushrooms; sautEé until browned.
· Add 1 TBS sliced garlic, 2 sprigs of thyme and 1 TBS butter to skillet; continue to cook mushrooms until tender; Remove from pan, discarding sprigs of thyme and allow to cool.
· Bring a large pot of water to a boil; salt water and cook pasta according to package directions.
· Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat; add shallot, 1 TBS garlic, and remaining extra virgin olive oil and gently sauté for a few minutes until translucent.
· Add wine, reduce to half, then add swiss chard, sautéed mushrooms and chicken stock; bring to simmer and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
· Drain pasta and add to sauce with shredded duck confit, 1 TBS butter, and lemon juice. Toss for a minute over high heat.
· Turn off heat, add ¼ cup grated pecorino romano, and toss.
· Plate and garnish with torn mint, tarragon, remaining pecorino, breadcrumbs and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.